Monday, February 14, 2011

Scanography










While at work I decided to take advantage of the scanner right by my desk. I used stuff I had around, like my headphones and some cds. I thought the scans needed a little texture so I scanned the sweater I wore that day. To scan these objects I left the scanner open and turned off all the lights in the room. Overall, that gave me a very dark background.  I took all these scans into Photoshop and blended them all together. It turned out pretty well! I lightened the opacity of the CD picture so that the sweater and headphones could show through. I then added a new purple fill layer and adjusted the brightness levels a bit.

1. Headphones; 2/11/2011 11:10 am; Epson Perfection V500 Photo
2. CDs; 2/11/2011 11:23 am; Espson Perfection V500 Photo
3. Sweater; 2/11/2011 11:46 am; Epson Perfection V500 Photo
4. Music-Blended and Edited in Photoshop


For the One Scan I played around with noodles. I used lasagna, linguine and manicotti noodles but in the end my favorite was the plain linguine noodles. It reminded me of the game, Pick up Sticks. I would hold them about foot above the scanner and drop them. What we see above is the result. I took the scan into Photoshop and and added a photofilter. I also adjusted the hues and vibrancy.

1. Linguine; 2/14/2011 7:30 am; Epson Perfection V500 Photo

2 comments:

  1. I have to comment on your Ear bud picture. WOW, I like it a lot. I know you were trying to take a picture to use it to blend with something else but I personally like it alone. I really like The contrast in the background. the background was as though you photoshopped one in. I personally would try to get more of the shine to standout from the CD's I really think that could add to the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow yeah, you did a great job with you music scan. When I was scrolling down and saw the gray fabric I was wondering what you would do with that, and you blended it very nicely into the picture, the texture of it worked out really well with the cd's and ear buds. Good job with the noodles too, that was creative haha, and now I want pasta!

    ReplyDelete