Monday, February 21, 2011






1. Spin; 2/20/2011 7:32 am; f/2.6; 8.0; Flash did not fire; Canon PowerShot A520
2. Colored Stars; 2/18/2011 11:41 pm; f/2.6; 6.0; Flash did not fire; Canon PowerShot A520
3. Jana's Lights; 2/18/2011 12:30 am; f/8; 6.0; Flash did not fire; Canon PowerShot A520
4. Courthouse; 2/18/2011 11:28 pm; f/8; 8.0; Flash did not fire; Canon PowerShot A520


Light Painting: I spent hours just painting on the wall. I didn't really end up with the shot I was looking for but it was fun none-the-less. I bought some glow sticks from the dollar stoe and doodled on the wall. I adjusted the shutter speeds anywhere from 6 to 8 seconds. In this shot I took the two glow sticks and spun them in a circular motion. Later I opened it in bridge and did some basic edits to the saturation and brightness.

Camera Motion: Some houses still have Christmas lights up even though it is almost March! Setting my camera to shutter priority mode I set the shutter speed to 7 seconds and panned my camera all around the light. My roommates also have colored Christmas lights up in their room. I repeated the same process. I opened both of these photos in bridge and did some minor edits.

Moving Light: I borrowed my roommate's tripod that her great-great grandfather bought in the 40s. It is super cool! I set up on the intersection corner by the Courthouse. I set the camera to shutter priority with a shutter speed of about 8 seconds. I took several shots, this one was my favorite because of the composure of the shot. I like having the Courthouse and the flag in the background.

1 comment:

  1. I love the variety that you have with your night shots. Even though they all had close to the same exposure time, they all look very different. Your fine art templates look really good to. I like how you added a color to the one template. It makes the picture pop out that much more. I also like how you added a colored edge to the windows of the template. It looks very clean. Great job!

    ReplyDelete