Saturday, January 22, 2011

Flexible Smart Filters/Adjustment Layers




1. Private Property; 1/15/2011 4:31 pm; 1/125; f/8; Flash did not fire; Canon Powershot A 570 IS
2. Danger; 1/14/2011 3:37 pm; 1/60; f/2.8; Flash did not fire; Canon Powershot SD 790 IS
On the Private Property photo, I set a smaller aperature because there was a lot of natural light outside.  However, the picture turned out a little darker than I wanted so I used an adjustment layer to lighten the sky and then I unmasked the other objects in the photo back to their original color.  I left the private property sign lighter (I didn't unmask it) because it is a focal point.

With the Danger photo I worked on having some good shallow depth of field.  To give the photo a little more life I converted the photo into a Smart Object and added some filters (poster edges, water paper and texture) I love how it turned out.  I didn't change the opacity much but I did mask out my sister in the background a bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment