Saturday, January 15, 2011

Rexburg in Red


1. Christmas Light; 1/12/2011 7:46 am; 1/25; f/2.6; Flash did not fire; Canon Powershot A 570 IS
2. Baskets; 1/14/2011 4:47 pm; 1/10; f/2.8; Flashs did not fire; Canon Powershot A 570 IS
3. Fire Hydrant; 1/14/2011 4:22 pm; 1/60; f/8; Flash did not fire; Canon Powershot A 579 IS
4. Red Berries; 1/15/2011 3:38 pm; 1/50; f/8; Flash did not fire; Canon Powershot A 570 IS 

I really enjoyed learning hands on about aperture and shutter speed.  I had to take many pictures to get the desired results but all the practice has helped me understand a little more about the elements of photography!  In the Christmas Light shot I set a large aperture because there was hardly any light outside.  In photoshop I changed the saturation levels a bit.  I liked the basket picture because of the lines.  I thought the Fie Hydrant was good deep depth of field.  I set a fast shutter speed to make all images clear and sharp.  The Red Berries shot was good practice for shallow depth of field.

3 comments:

  1. Chelsey!!! I LOVE the berry picture! The color, the sharpness, and the depth of field work together to make an amazing photo!!! I love it! The fire hydrant with the snow on it is so cute! Excellent angle! They are all so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job! I thought you got a great depth of field with the fire hydrant shot. It is an interesting angle. I especially like your blended photos. I thought you did excellent with the winter berries. I also tried that shot and couldn't quite capture them the way I really wanted to but you seem to have done that pretty well. The grocery baskets were also very creative. It seems like editing is a strong suit of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chelsey, great job with your color study and great job having such a variety of photos for it. I like how each gives a different feeling. The red christmas light one is probably my favorite. The angle you took it at is nice and I just love how you captured the light and the snow around it. It makes you want to just stare at it:) The depth of field with the berries shot was really good as well. Overall great job:)

    ReplyDelete